Release notes for Funnelback 11.4.0
Released: 6 February 2012
11.4.0 - New Features
- Support for refresh updates when storing content in WARC files.
- Locale support for result sorting.
- Added support for cross-domain query completion.
- Introduced padre-mi tool for merging search indexes.
11.4.0 - Upgrade Issues
- Please note that the version numbering scheme for Funnelback has changed with this release. In future, the second digit in the version number (e.g. 4 in 11.4.0) will always be even in officially released, stable versions, and odd in internal release versions.
11.4.0 - Selected improvements and bugfixes
- Added ability to send collection update emails on failure only.
- Fixed a regression in 11.1 where geographic sort ordering was incorrect if other numeric metadata fields were used.
- Improved crawler performance when using WARC files and on multi-domain collections.
- Introduced the ability to provide results inline for facet categories to avoid multiple search requests.
- Fixed incremental crawling when using WARC files and a previous crawl which had been restarted.
- Allowed custom code to control crawler file storage.
- Provide clearer errors when an invalid workflow.cfg file is in use.
- Fixed handling of empty padre_opts.cfg files for Windows installations.
- Configurable error handling on the Modern UI.