Release notes for Funnelback 11.1.0
Released: 9 December 2011
- Support for different site web crawling profiles, allowing high performance sites within a larger collection to be crawled more quickly.
- Support for larger numeric metadata values and more strict equality checks.
- If Funnelback is upgraded to 11.1 from a version earlier than 10.1 Funnelback's administration interface will initially show all previous collection updates as failed. Updating the collections after the upgrade will resolve this display issue.
- Collections using WARC storage must be updated after upgrading to allow cached documents to be returned.
Selected improvements and bugfixes
- Improved modelling of TRIM early binding security
- Documentation refinements
- Support for X-Forwarded-For headers in the modern search interface
- Improved key encoding handling for WARC files
- Fixed handling of LDAP directory repository authentication without domains
- Ability to configure the web crawler's DNS cache size
- Reduced load from editing large tuning data sets and improved CSV tuning data import
- Fixed errors when exporting empty frontier entries at the end of a web crawl
- Fixed incorrect facet display caused by interactions with synonyms
- Improved detection of successful collection updates
- Improved file-copy and security support for Novell Netware
- Fixed temporary file opening issue in analytics reporting on Windows