Release notes for Funnelback 10.1.0
Released: 7th December 2010
- Early binding secured search for Windows NTFS and Novell Netware fileshares.
- More flexible custom data sources and presentation for query completion.
- Scripted workflow allowing simple, efficient content manipulation during filtering.
- Crawler monitor graphs and URL information reporting.
- Display plugin for presenting additional search result sets with differing search parameters.
- click.cgi URLs can no longer be generated by external systems. click.cgi URLs now require an authorisation hash parameter, which Funnelback produces.
- Better validation of query and click logs may result in a small decrease in reported counts, by eliminating corrupt log entries.
- Web collections must be updated after upgrading for data displayed in the URL status and test data editor's info column to be correct.
Selected improvements and bugfixes
- Substantial improvements to TRIM data gathering and document filtering.
- Improved Microsoft Office document formatting, and support for older office file formats.
- PDF exporting of analytics dashboard.
- New search result quality test data creation interface.
- Query completion is now enabled for administration home page search boxes.
- Previously selected collections are now automatically retained when reopening the administration interface.
- Fixed view as HTML / Cached links when using crawler inline filtering
- The webcrawler's standard include/exclude system can now be extended after installation via Groovy StandardPolicy subclasses.
- Fixed possible infinite loop where ResIf form tag did not specify a name attribute.
- Corrected XML encoding of filetype attributes.
- Fixed possible HTML corruption when using Boldicize form tag.
- Improved handling of invalid/corrupt click and query log entries.
- Click tracking links are now produced in xml.cgi, within the click_tracking_link element.