A matrix collection gathers data from a Squiz Matrix CMS system. Gathering is performed using a standard web crawler, however additional metadata is automatically gathered from Squiz Matrix and an alternate result presentation designed for use within Squiz Matrix is applied.
The matrix collection is defined by the following properties:
- The API URL for the Squiz Matrix system;
- The username with which Funnelback can access the Squiz Matrix installation;
- The password with which Funnelback can access the Squiz Matrix installation.
Other configuration settings for matrix collections match those for web collections (since the same web crawler is used).
Matrix collections are designed to be presented only through the Squiz Matrix "Funnelback REST Search Page" asset, which is able to provide additional security information with the normal search request to allow document level security checks to be performed. See the Funnelback REST Search Page documentation for more information.
Important notice about changes to the authentication scheme
As of version 5.2, Squiz Matrix will retire the current authentication scheme, and introduce a new one.
As part of this transition, Funnelback 14.2 supports the new authentication scheme, however, it still defaults to the old one. To configure Funnelback 14.2 to authenticate with newer versions of Matrix,
- Ensure the type of your collection is Matrix
- In collection.cfg, or (Edit Collection Settings -> Workflow -> Filter classes), replace the old Matrix filter (MatrixDataUrlMetadataFixerFilter) with the new version (MatrixMetadataFilterProvider)
- Ensure the following five parameters are set in collection.cfg
matrix_admin_url matrix_username matrix_password squizapi.target_url matrix_api_key
- On the Matrix side, a JS API asset needs to be created, with the required APIs enabled (i.e. Get File Indexing Components). The matrix_api_key can then be grabbed from the details screen of the asset.