A directory collection gathers data from a directory service such as ActiveDirectory or LDAP using Java's JNDI system. Funnelback uses a query (generally an LDAP style query) to select the desired directory entries, and each entry is saved as an XML file.
The directory collection is defined by the following properties:
- The URL to the directory;
- The search base from which to begin the directory search;
- The search filter to select directory entries with;
- The exclude rules to exclude selected directory entries;
- The domain, user name and password for the directory.
Note that some directory servers are configured to limit the number of results which can be returned for a query. Since Funnelback must be allowed to gather a complete set of directory entries it may be necessary to configure your directory server to permit this. See OpenLDAP : Limits for documentation on configuring the OpenLDAP directory server to support this.