Administration Interface Customisation Options
Funnelback's Administration Interface provides core customization options for the most common ongoing refinement tasks required for a search service.
- Best bets
- Specify best bets for key queries, to ensure users see the results you want them to.
- Control how some queries are interpreted to match up with your organization's terminology.
- Customisation of result pages for specific queries.
Classic Admin UI Customisation Options
Funnelback's Classic Admin UI provides additional customisation options not yet available within the newer Administration Interface.
- Search forms
- Design result pages to match your required look-and-feel.
- Contextual Navigation
- Enable clustering of results for better navigation of available information.
- Faceted Navigation
- Target your searches based on pre-existing structure within your information.
- Query Completion
- Enable as-you-type query completion to suggest relevant queries or display additional data.
- Quick links
- Display relevant links for top level domain results.
- Text Mining
- Extract named entities and definitions from text.
- File editing
- Details on how to edit configuration files for customisation.
- XML documents
- How to index XML documents.
- Groovy Filters
- Write filters in Groovy to transform data.
- Sorting Results
- Change the sort order of results.
- Web resources folder
- Serve web static resources from the profile folders of a collection.
- Result collapsing
- Collapse similar results into one.
- Search session and history
- Record search & click history, use a results shopping basket.
Previewing and Publishing
Changes to some Funnelback customisations, in particular search templates are always made in a preview area to allow you to view your changes before publishing them for external users.
- Previewing changes
- Details on how to preview changes to search customisations.
- Publishing changes
- Details on how to publish changed customisations.
Advanced Customisation Options
- Custom Summaries
- Create custom summaries.
- XSLT Processing
- Process XML results.
- Noindex Parameter
- Use a regular expression to specify content to ignore.
- Scripted Workflow
- Script workflow to change the content of documents before they are indexed.
- Spelling Suggestions
- Change the default configuration of the spelling suggestion system.
- Event Search
- Specific presentation customisation for searching events.
- Presenting Images
- Tools for assisting in the presentation of images.
- Integrate recommended items into your web pages.
- Document metadata
- Learn about document metadata.
- External metadata
- Tag content with metadata without modifying the documents.
- Metadata classes
- Reference material on supported metadata classes.
- Numerical Metadata
- How to work with numeric metadata.