Creating a Collection
To create a collection, go to the Funnelback administration interface in your web browser. The Create Collection button in the navigation bar has a drop-down menu which allows you to select different collection types to create.
After selecting the appropriate type of collection to create, you will be taken to a page that will allow you to fill out the basic details for your new collection. The following fields are required for all collection types:
- Collection ID - This is an internal identifier that will be used to uniquely name your collection (e.g. web-test). It should be different in each collection created, and cannot contain spaces.
- Collection Title - This is the title by which the collection will appear in search results.
The screenshot below shows an example web collection being created:
The exact information you need to fill out will depend on the type of collection selected. In the example web collection above the administrator has configured the following:
- Start from the given URLs
- Only gather content from the funnelback.com domain.
- Exclude content from any CGI, calendar or forum directories
- Crawl for a maximum of 1 hour.
- Download the selected file types (in addition to normal web pages).
After entering the correct information, press the 'Create' button, and your new collection will be created. Each collection has many configurable parameters. Only the bare minimum to get a viable collection are filled out when creating a collection. To exercise more fine control over your collections, see the section on Editing Collections.
If you are creating a TRIMPush collection or a file-copy collection, you may at this stage wish to set up document level security. See the page on Document Level Security for more details.
- Introduction to Funnelback Collections
- Editing Collections
- Deleting Collections
- Updating collections
- Using Document Level Security